If you’ve used your iPhone for a long time, you probably already know how to do this, but maybe you need a reminder. If you switched from a very old iPhone to an iPhone 14 or Android to iOS, you might not know how the iPhone 14’s flashlight works.
To use the iPhone 14’s flashlight, you don’t have to install any apps or updates. Rather, you must know where to look on the lock screen or learn more about Siri and Control Center.
How to Turn on/Off the iPhone 14 Flashlight
On the iPhone 14, there are several ways to turn the flashlight on or off.
You can use the methods below with iPhones that support Face ID, such as the iPhone 13, the iPhone 12, the iPhone 11, or an iPad Pro. Let’s get started.
1. From Control Center
- Swipe down from the top corner at the right to get to the Control Center on your iPhone.
- To turn on the flashlight, tap the Flashlight button. When the flashlight is on, the torch icon turns blue.
- Tap the icon again to turn off the flashlight.
The brightness of the torchlight can also be changed. To do this, just press and hold the Flashlight button in Control Center and move the brightness slider up or down.
NOTE: By default, the Flashlight control is in the Control Center. If you can’t find it, you may have taken it away at some point.
Go to Settings > Control Center to add the flashlight back to Control Center. Look for the “Torch” button under “More Controls” and tap the “+” button next to it.
The torch will go to Included Controls, where you can change its position by reordering.
2. From Lock Screen
iPhone owners may access the flashlight from the lock screen as well. It is a pretty simple way to turn on the flashlight on an iPhone 14 without having to first unlock the device.
- Hold press the Side button (on the right side) to see the Lock Screen.
- Press the Side button again to go back to the Lock Screen. You can also use “Raise to Wake” to get your iPhone screen to light up.
- Long Press the Flashlight button in the lower left corner of the screen. When the flashlight is on, you’ll feel something, and the round button will turn white.
Just press and hold the flashlight button to turn off the flashlight.
Can the flashlight be taken off the Lock Screen?
Apple still hasn’t added a way to turn off the flashlight on the lock screen, even in iOS 16. I would like this option because sometimes when I put my iPhone in my pocket, the flashlight turns itself off.
3. Using Siri
You can tell Siri to turn on the flashlight, like a lot of other things.
Say “Hey Siri” or Hold press the Side button on your iPhone to get Siri to work. Then, use one of the following voice commands to tell Siri to turn on the flashlight.
- Switch on the flashlight.
- Turn on my flashlight.
Use the following commands to tell Siri to turn off the flashlight.
- Put my flashlight out.
- Turn off the flashlight.
4. Use the back Tap to turn the torch on or off
With iOS 14 or later, you can use the “Back Tap” feature, which is an accessibility feature, to take a screenshot or see what apps are open.
Tap the back of your iPhone 14 to turn on or off the flashlight.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click “Back Tap.”
- Open “Double Tap” and choose “Torch” under “System” in the list of options. You can also give the “Triple Tap” action to the torch.
- To turn the torch on or off, double-tap (or triple-tap)on the back of your iPhone.
When the iPhone is locked, Back Tap won’t work.
Please leave a comment and tell us how you like to use the flashlight.
How to change how bright the iPhone flashlight is?
You can change the brightness of the iPhone 14 flashlight if you think it is too bright or too dim.
- To open Control Center, swipe down from the battery icon at the top of the screen.
- Touch the flashlight icon and keep your finger on it. At the same time, you can change the brightness by moving your finger up or down.
So, there you go. This is how easy it is to turn on the flashlight on your iPhone 14. Now, you don’t have to feel around in the dark. Just get your iPhone out and turn the flashlight on.