If you’ve observed that your iPhone’s battery turns yellow at some time. Low battery colours are often white or red. This is usual for an iPhone in Low Power Mode. This function saves the iPhone’s battery.
You switched on Low Power Mode to render your iPhone battery symbol yellow. The iPhone battery symbol is white while fully charged, green when charging, and red when low. When the iPhone battery turns yellow, it’s inevitable that people will wonder what’s wrong.
Why Does the Battery Icon on My iPhone Appear Yellow?
If you’ve wondered why your iPhone battery is turning yellow, the solution is simple. Your iPhone’s Low Power Mode is activated when you see a yellow battery symbol.
Low Power Mode saves your iPhone’s battery when it’s low and because you need it to last longer. This may be accomplished by disabling or altering a few features and settings. When iOS 9 was released in 2015, Apple chose to include Low Power mode.
When does the low power mode activate?
If you need to use more of your iPhone’s battery before charging it, switch on Low Power Mode under Settings.
To activate this mode, do these:
- Open iPhone “Settings.”
- Select “Battery.”
- Switch on “Low Power Mode.”
It’s not difficult to include a Low Power Mode in Control Center:
- Open “Settings.”
- Click on “Control Center.”
- Select “Customize Controls.”
- “Low Power Mode” may be found in the More Controls area. Once you’ve located it, click the green “+” symbol to the left of the screen.
- Now, Control Center has a Low Power Mode. It has the appearance of a battery symbol.
How Is Low Power Mode Beneficial to Battery Life?
Several functionalities have been disabled or reduced under Low Power Mode to save power.
- 5G on iPhone 12 devices (except for video streaming)1
- The display’s brightness
- Apple’s ProMotion display on iPhones and iPads has a display refresh rate restricted to 60 Hz.
- A few graphical effects
- iCloud Photo (temporarily paused)
- Automatic downloads
- Email retrieval
- App refreshes in the background.
Why is my iPhone’s battery yellow while it’s at 100 percent?
With at least 20% of the battery remaining, the status bar’s phone battery indicator will turn yellow, as was previously described. Once the iPhone has reached 80% or 100% battery charge, it will return to its original colour of white. Low Power Mode can’t be enabled permanently. During Low Power Mode, the battery indicator will be red, not Yellow, if you have less than 20% of the battery remaining.
When using the Control Center, you may quickly and easily control the Low Power Mode function when in Low Power Mode. Low Power Mode turns the status bar battery yellow. There will be a battery symbol and % shown. After 80% or more charge, Low Power Mode switches off.
Is Low Power Mode Better for Charging My iPhone’s battery?
Phone owners who utilize Low Power Mode while trying to charge their devices may notice that their battery % grows faster.
As a result of this mode being activated, the iPhone’s battery life will significantly improve. When the device is also using it, the battery drains less quickly. This leads to faster charging, but the battery level will not rise considerably faster.
How can you get rid of the yellow battery on an iPhone?
If you want to get your iPhone back to factory settings, attempt these steps.
- The Low Power Mode will automatically be turned off if your iPhone is charged to at least 80 percent. The symbol will become green. You may turn off the power function by the same process mentioned above.
- Now that you know what’s going on, it’s possible that you’ll want to stick with the current configuration. This function has several advantages, as you can see.
- If you don’t mind having certain functions disabled, the Low Power Mode setting on your iPhone might let it run longer on a single charge.
When the iPhone battery symbol goes yellow, it’s tempting to believe you need to replace it. Most individuals resort to online forums and other resources for support. They don’t realize the colour shift indicates a Low Power Mode. These instructions should help you comprehend this functionality. You should now be able to switch it on and off and understand its advantages and disadvantages.